For those of us who are working, or very busy, baking might be something that we don’t have time for. What if I told you that you can bake a cake in 5 minutes or less? Not to mention that this cake is gluten-free, which makes it really healthy. This recipe below uses mugs and a microwave which literally cuts the baking time down by 90%! We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 6 teaspoons Stevia
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 30g Tomes dark chocolate buttons, plus 30g chocolate buttons divided into 4 equal pieces.1 scoop (24g) chocolate flavoured protein powder of your choice
- Place the Earth Balance and the Tomes dark chocolate buttons in a large bowl and put the bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute. Remove the bowl often and stir to ensure the chocolate melts evenly.
- When melted, remove the bowl from the microwave, and slowly whisk in the stevia, eggs, cocoa, vanilla, and salt, to ensure that there are no clumps and the batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the almond flour, protein powder, and baking powder. When done, add it to the chocolate batter, mixing continuously until well combined.
- Divide the batter and pour it into 4 mugs or ramekins equally. Place a chocolate piece into the centre of each mug cake.
- Microwave at 50 percent power for 45 seconds. The cake should be slightly wet around the edges of the mug and be a little bit drier towards the centre. Let it rest for 2 minutes before digging in.
The recipe was developed using a full size 1200watt microwave. If you’re using a microwave with 800 watts or less, increase the cooking time up to 85 seconds.
The original recipe can be found on Dailyburn.com.