You can’t be sad when you’re holding a muffin in your hand, right? Right! Especially if its a glorious chocolate chip muffin made with decadent African Original Chocolate from Chocolates by Tomes and lots of love.
The best way to treat yourself and your family, at any time.
- 200g Chocolates by Tomes African Origin Chocolate, of your choice,
- 150g unsalted butter (softened but not melted), 150g golden or light brown sugar,
- 2 eggs,
- 3ml of vanilla extract,
- 8g baking powder,
- 390g bread flour,
- 60g cocoa powder,
- 150ml milk or butter milk,
- 150ml condensed milk.
- Place a cake cup into each space of the muffin tray and pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Chop the chocolate up into raisin sized pieces.
- Cream together the unsalted butter and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and gently incorporate.In a separate bowl sift together the baking powder, flour and cocoa powder.
- Add approximately 1/3 of the flour and cocoa mix and mix into the butter and sugar mix.
- Then add the milk and mix in,then add a further 1/3 of the flour and cocoa mix and mix in
- Then add the condensed milk and mix in
- Then the final 1/3 of the flour and cocoa mix and mix in.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix in.Spoon the muffin batter into the cake cups.
- Take out the oven and allow to cool enough for the muffins to be removed from the tray.
- Bake at 190°C for 25 minutes or until the muffins have baked through, check by pressing the centre of a muffin.
- If it springs back the muffins are done.
Sit back and enjoy
Our brownies from our Cake and Desert range